Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hey, Isn't That The Buffy The Vampire Slayer Chick?

So last night I'm sitting watching the Lakers/Celtics final hoping that ABC can pull it together for one night and bring peace and harmony to the world by showing us A-list celebrities inter-cut with an occasional basketball game. You would think in a time like this we would have 3 hours of pre-game red carpet coverage done by Lisa Lampanelli, since Joan Rivers has been dead for 10 years, to bring us up to speed on who Penny Marshall was was wearing tonight. Which if you saw Penny it looked like Roca Wear and Fubu had a bastard child and she decided to put it on instead of burn it in a ritualistic fashion saving us from eternal damnation. Somewhere in the 3rd quarter as I'm being shown Eddie Murphy sitting next to Steven Speilberg (which with any luck Jurassic Park 5 is going to be hilariously scary, think Norbit meets Jaws) the entire broadcast falls apart and I'm left in utter confusion.

So when Jeff Van Gundy, who we all know is a talented coach on sabbatical/US Weekly columnist, is asked who is his favorite celebrity here tonight, he instantly shouts out Alyssa Milano as though he were possessed by an episodic demon on "Charmed". The only problem with this is that he goes on to say that "If I was that Nick Lachey (which he pronounces La-chee) I wouldn't let her out of my sight." I had to rewind my DVR to make sure I heard it right. Now it is a well known fact that in between being a useless human being and doing Cuervo shots with Matt Leinhart, he can be seen prancing around with former TRL queen Vanessa Minnillo. So for a second I gave Mr. Gundy the benefit of the doubt and kept waiting for the cutaway of the ex-newlywed and former Blink-182 groupie sitting side by side. Alas, that never came. This leaving me only to doubt the validity of Van Gundy's statement and laughing all the way through this clip. Hopefully Van Gundy has some risque photos of Lachey/Milano to back up his error or else Mannillo is going on the war path.

P.S. Where were you on this one deadspin?


No comments: