Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The New Frontiers


A few years ago I got a call from one of the guys in the band Colour Revolt. He said that he had some friends in a band that needed a show here in Columbia. The band was called Stellamaris. I hooked them up with a show and then they crashed at my house. Their van broke down the next morning when they were trying to leave and they were stuck at my house for 6 days! Who would have known that 3 years, 2 albums, and a name change later, The New Frontiers would be my wife's favorite band and one of my favorite bands.

Mike and I drove up to Charlotte to see them play with Denison Witmer (another one of my all time favorites). They were playing at The Milestone which is an incredibly sketchy bar. It turned out to be an awesome show. We had a lot of fun and a lot of free PBR! When I got home, I was showing Chad Shumpert some of their music online and noticed that they have an EP that you can download for free. Here's the link!

No comments: