Saturday, June 14, 2008

Things I heard in Myrtle Beach

I heard two amazing things while vacationing in the sunny Myrtle Beach area.

thing 1:
Kate and I are at the Tanger Outlets near North Myrtle.  For the record, no I did not take her there, we went together.  No woman is gonna be the boss of me and give me orders.  Also, dang girl, they have a Puma store!!!
So, we are resting from the harsh June sun, and we hear what can best be described as a ruckus.  We try and see what's happening, as it sounds like a fight, and many people are looking in the direction of said ruckus.  But alas, we can see nothing.  Finally a group of very boisterous African-Americans comes around the corner.  

Right at this moment, a man, white, in his mid fifties as best we can tell says:
"We're about to have a White House full of that in about 8 months."

To which I replied:
"Holy shit!" and "Wow."  and probably "Wowzers!"

I cannot believe that this happened.  But it did.  


thing 2:  
Watching the news.  With my family.  
There was a story on gas prices affecting all parts of society.
They were interviewing a shrimp-boat-captain (although, maybe not a captain.  perhaps he was under the captains employ.  who's to say?).

The shrimp-boat-worker, commenting on the affect of gas prices, said:
"It really has a dramastic impact..."

Wow.  Also real.  
Both of these things happened on Friday the 13th.
Which, for those of you who don't know, 13 is my lucky number. 
Usually I would here point out that sometimes I have freakishly bad luck.

But not this day.



No comments: