Monday, May 5, 2008

NHL... Who's Still Watching? (it's professional hockey people)

Here around the CC:BJ headquarters we are always talking about whatever current event seems to be the most important that day or in most cases, hour. The other day a heated argument was fired up over the NHL playoffs. Now presumably NHL seasons are 82 games long (I wouldn't know for sure, I don't watch until the playoffs actually start). This year's playoffs so far have been nothing short of exciting and as we proceed closer to the Championship I thought we'd start openly discussing it and give you, the reader, a chance to throw your opinion into the hat about which team you are rooting for and why. Most of the members of the staff here are ex-hockey players (some even have lost teeth playing. I cracked mine in half ice skating in the 5th grade but there was no stick in my hand at the time, so I'm told that doesn't count). Being from South Caroline it gives me no real team to pull for regionally. The hurricanes maybe, but they are a newer franchise and I can't handle all these "Carolina" teams that are all located in North Carolina as though SC is the red headed step child of the Carolina family (The Hurricanes are located in Greensboro, NC, the Panthers in Charlotte, NC). As a New York transplant I wanted to pull for the Rangers but they never really inspired me and after their overtime loss yesterday they aren't even in it anymore. So, that being said, my roommate is from Philly so I find myself watching all their games and am now pulling for the Flyers. I know their are some Penguins fans that work at CC:BJ so to you I say, the war has begun.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I think the Pens are going all the way this year.

That being said, this series will probably be the best one of the entire playoffs.

Anonymous said...

illadelph bitches!